It is very difficult to provide the most comfortable living in a private house without adequate water supply. Digging a well that reaches the aquifers suitable for consumption will not work in every area. Therefore, drilling is the best way to obtain drinking water. However, installing a pump in a well with your own hands is often difficult. This is a responsible process, the accuracy of which affects the subsequent operation of the entire system.
Preparation of materials and components for installation
To avoid annoying misunderstandings or hiccups during installation work, you must first prepare all consumables that may be needed during installation. These include: clamps, a non-return valve and a shut-off valve, fasteners, an electrical cable, a pressure gauge and a number of other parts.
- Dedicated double vinyl insulated power cable for extended exposure to liquid environments. It should lie freely, without stretching and ideally be solid, without joints along its entire length, so it is better to take the footage with a margin. The cross-section of the wire to avoid overload is selected according to the unit's passport data. If the electric cord requires extension, special types of couplings are taken to completely seal the joints.
- For water supply, metal-rolled pipes or low-pressure plastic HDPE are used. When installing a borehole pump with your own hands, it is necessary to take into account that the pressure is of sufficient power. A product with a cross section of 32 mm or more is placed. It has the lowest hydraulic resistance and is therefore more efficient. The joints are fastened with flanges bolted upwards. For threaded connections, you will definitely need a roll-up with a sealing or FUM tape reinforced with silicone sealant.
- It is better to take a safety cable in a plastic sheath that prevents corrosive processes. It should correspond in length to the depth of the well, plus a margin for fasteners. The fixing clamps are taken with the calculation of the mass of the entire system multiplied by ten.
- To install the pump in the well yourself, you need to pay attention to the plumbing fixtures. In the work, you will definitely need transition fittings to connect parts of different diameters and fittings with inserted metal sleeves for joining with pipes.
- The head is necessary to protect the structure from foreign objects entering it from the outside. On its lower part there are holes for a pressure hose, a cable and a safety cable. There is also a carabiner for attaching system elements.
- The electric cable cord, the safety hanger and the pipe are fastened together with a step of 70-130 cm. The first fastening is performed at a distance of 0.2 m from the branch pipe. Insulating tape or plastic ties are used to make the connections.
A check valve is required for the operation of the water intake system. Before you start installing a submersible pump in a well, you need to make sure it is available. It is not difficult to install a mechanism that prevents the back movement of water to the equipment with your own hands. It can be purchased at any specialty store.
A ball valve is installed at the outlet, designed to check the presence of water in the system and adjust its pressure. It is forbidden to connect the device to the mains "dry".
Preparing the pump for installation
The assembly of all elements before installation takes place in a strictly defined order. Initially, the presence of a check valve is checked; in its absence, it is necessary to purchase and install this mechanism yourself. Next, a transition fitting with a sleeve for connecting the pipe is mounted. They should be sized to match the details. The joints are sealed to prevent leakage.
- The insurance is attached to the pump by two lugs, symmetrically located on both sides of the device, and is fixed with special clamps.
- A sleeve is inserted into the polypropylene pipe and the fitting is assembled. Then the connection of this structure with the pump and the broaching of the fitting assemblies are carried out. When installing the ferrule, make sure that the internal teeth are correctly positioned, and also try not to damage the rubber seal.
- In case of insufficient length, the cable extension of the device is performed. The main attention should be paid to the tightness of the joint, otherwise the contacts will oxidize, and the installation of a deep pump in the well with your own hands will end with a short circuit.
- After preparing all the individual components, the electrical wire and the belay are connected to the pipe. For this purpose, plastic clamps are used, located at a distance of a meter from each other. The opposite end of the cable catches on any large stationary object capable of supporting the assembled structure.
- The last fitting is the fitting, which will be needed to fix the head after the apparatus is immersed in the well and the excess pipe is cut. After this event, the accuracy of the assembly of all elements is checked in order to exclude possible problems.
Additional connection of the accumulator to the submersible pump has a positive effect on its service life. This device contains a supply of water that is able to meet the one-time needs of the user. The number of connections of the pump itself is significantly reduced, which has a positive effect on its service life.
There are many rules and recommendations regarding the installation of a submersible borehole pump, including with your own hands. The regulations state that this device must not come into contact with the bottom of the water intake well, and at the same time, the device must be submerged more than a meter under water. Well filling is not constant. It can vary depending on the season and the intensity of the collection.
- The higher the performance parameters of the unit indicated in the passport, the greater the immersion depth should be. The best way to determine the location, which is most often used in practice: the device is lowered on a safety rope to the bottom of the water well, and then raised by 2.5-3 m and temporarily fixed, and started. If the equipment operates without deviations from the norm, it is fixed in this position.
- This method is used when installing units in wells up to 16 m; for deep-seated vehicles, the calculation is done differently. The distance from the mouth to the water mirror (dynamic level) is subtracted from the total depth of the source from the head to the bottom. The resulting difference is the value of the location of the water during the active operation of the well. According to the norms, this gap is reduced by 300 mm at the bottom and 100 mm at the top. In the remaining segment, the apparatus should be located.
- Before lowering the pump into the well, you need to check the casing yourself for irregularities, narrowings or curvatures. They can affect the quality of the equipment and cause damage to the unit. Preliminary flushing and cleaning of the mine will make it possible to protect the main components of the structure. The stages of this process can be seen in the video.
- Before lowering the unit, a head is put on the pipe through the O-ring. If the preparatory work is done correctly, problems should not arise at this stage.However, if the pump has stopped and does not run, then there are foreign objects in the well.
Installation of equipment is carried out only after all calculations and drawing up a diagram. The work should be attended by 2 or more people. When carrying out assembly and installation work in the country, it is worth using a voltage stabilizer. This will help protect highly sensitive equipment from power surges.
Possible mistakes and how to avoid them
For a person who decides to install a submersible pump in a well with his own hands, the main task is to take into account all the nuances and prevent mistakes, most often made by others.
- Pump power parameters must correspond to the depth of the well. Equipment operating beyond its capabilities quickly breaks down.
- Inaccurate calculations in determining the location of the device's suspension can lead to the fact that it remains without cooling, and overheating is one of the main reasons for the breakdown of the units.
- Improper fixation of the cable can lead to the breakage of the apparatus. The same result should be expected if the insurance material is chosen incorrectly.
- The pressure hose must be able to withstand the pressure created in the system, so it cannot be less than the outlet of the pump.
- When extending the cord, an electric cable is taken, the cross-section of which corresponds to the power of the device. Otherwise, the operation of the equipment will inevitably result in overheating and short circuit.
The absence of a stabilizer or automatic relays leads to the risk of overloading equipment during power surges. Ideally, it is better to install an automatic control system. But a cabinet with control and safety devices that can track the operation of the system may turn out to be unprofitable in a private house.