For durable bonding of metal and other surfaces in domestic conditions, BF 4 (butyral-phenolic) glue is often used. In terms of technical characteristics, it has no analogues, and in terms of the reliability of the seam after drying, it is not inferior to other popular means.
Description and properties of glue BF 4
it solution of phenol-formaldehyde resin and polyvinyl butyral / polyvinacetal on ethyl alcohol with the addition of chloroform or purified acetone... Differs in high elasticity and relatively low heat capacity. Does not corrode, decompose, rot. Resistant to oil solutions, gasoline, moisture, temperature extremes, salt fog.
Optimal performance of BF 4 glue according to GOST 12172-74:
- Appearance: transparent liquid with a light yellow or red tint.
- Part of dry residue: 10-13%
- Consumption per 1 m2: 150-200 g.
- Viscosity grade according to VZ-1 viscometer: 30-60 s.
- Shear bond strength: more than 19.6 MPa.
- Operating temperature: -60 / + 60 C.
There is no risk of corrosion and cracking in the finished joint.
BF brand glue is successfully used for working with elastic surfaces subject to kinks, shocks and vibrations... It connects metal alloys, fiberglass, textolite, plexiglass, wood, ceramics, leather. Due to its universal composition, the product in addition to household needs, they are used in various industries:
- industry (textile, chemical, metallurgical, woodworking);
- cosmonautics, aviation, automobile, shipbuilding;
- paint and varnish sphere;
- production of ceramic and glass products;
- electronics and instrumentation;
BF-4 is used for gluing parts in contact with alkalis and exposed to low temperatures. It comes in a variety of packages from small tubes to Eurobugs.
Instructions for use
Before applying the adhesive the surface is cleaned of contamination: sanded with sandpaper and degreased. Further, one of the methods of application is used: hot (thermal) or cold. With the hot method:
- An even layer of the product is applied to the working surface so that there are no smudges. It is important not to leave empty spaces and spaces.
- After 60 minutes, a second layer of fixing agent is applied and the surface is dried for another 55-60 minutes.
- Next, the parts are squeezed together with a special clamp and placed in an oven heated to 180 ° C for 60 minutes.
- Leave the product in a room with room temperature for gradual and natural cooling to occur.
When gluing textiles the fabric is moistened and wrung out. An adhesive is applied and left for 1 hour. After that, the parts are connected to each other, and ironed on top with a heated iron. The final hardening of the joint occurs in 5-6 hours.
With the cold method the glue is applied twice with an interval of 25 minutes.After the surface is connected and left for a day in a ventilated warm room. The fixing agent should preferably be applied with a synthetic bristle brush.
Work with the substance must be carried out away from fire, since the solvents in its composition are highly fire hazardous. To avoid an allergic reaction and health problems, gloves and a respirator should be worn, after applying the substance, ventilate the room. Transportation is carried out in compliance with safety measures, in a sealed container.
Sealed packages with glue must be kept away from flames, heat sources, children.
The shelf life of the product is 8 months from the date of production. To preserve useful properties, BF 4 glue must be kept in a tightly closed container and sudden temperature changes should be avoided. The room temperature must be + 25 ° C.
Analogs of BF 4
BF 4 brand glue is considered a universal fixer that provides strong adhesion of various materials. In terms of resistance to aggressive environments and heat resistance, it is similar to glue BF 2however there are differences in use.
BF glue has no complete analogues in composition and technical characteristics. You can replace it with Super cement, which adheres firmly and permanently to any surface except metal. If you need to glue metal parts, it is recommended to use glue Super moment.