Indoor equipment that runs on gas fuel is classified as an increased hazard and therefore requires regular inspection and maintenance. Gas equipment inspection and repairs are not included in the cost of gas supply, as was the case in Russia before 2006. The managing organization concludes a comprehensive agreement for the maintenance of the entire gas economy in a multi-storey building or with each consumer separately.
Why check gas equipment
The state has developed laws that prescribe periodic checking the status of networks and household appliances in apartment buildings and private buildings. In the event of a malfunction, breakdown of any unit occurs emergency situation, since gas enters the air from the main.
The need for checks is caused by the following reasons:
- increased explosiveness of fuel;
- the need to identify broken and unusable devices, devices, units;
- the need to identify unauthorized inserts into the system without metering devices.
Responsibility for the condition of gas pipelines and appliances rests with the homeowner, who enters into a service contract with a licensed organization.
Danger of gas contamination of the room:
- propane, methane accumulate in the atmosphere, there is a risk of fire and explosion;
- people who inhale the gas can get poisoned, then take a long time to recover from the consequences.
For a person, a concentration in the air of more than 4% of gas particles is recognized as dangerous, and the atmosphere gets an explosion hazard when more than 14.5% of gas gets into it. When ignited, a lot of heat is generated, the pressure rises several times. As a result, walls collapse, and spans and access sections suffer in high-rise buildings.
How is the check
The gas department divisions that distribute gas and have permits for this activity are responsible for the maintenance of the networks.
Gas test can conduct:
- gas supply companies, these organizations have trained specialists to service all categories of equipment;
- trade structuressupplying gas-consuming equipment to the market;
- other organizations, licensed to carry out inspections, diagnostics, installation and repair of gas facilities.
Responsible urban structure creates dispatch and emergency service, which deals with emergency situations 24 hours a day.
Who should come
Supervising organizations form service teams. They include specialists who deal with certain options for boilers, columns, stoves, and other gas equipment. They are given a license for the respective activity.
User actionsif there is a controller on the doorstep, and there was no announcement about the check:
- contact the management company by phone to clarify the circumstances of the case and clarify information on the company that calls the apartments;
- call the service organization, ask questions;
- ask the controller to present the contract and certificate.
Then the owner gives the go-ahead to check the gas equipment inside the apartment and document the results.
What exactly is being watched
When examining, the employee is obliged to perform the following scope of work:
- inspect tightness joints, pipe connections between themselves and with branch pipes of gas units;
- check work columns, boilers, stoves in all modes, adjust indicators, if necessary;
- to clean burners, replace Consumables;
- test the work automatic meters of gas concentration in the air, sensors, check indicators, identify a malfunction, if any.
All control readings of devices are recorded in a test report, which reflects the true picture of the condition of the equipment in an apartment or house.
Gas pressure gauge (4 kgf / cm²) is designed to determine the gas pressure in the network. The device is selected in accordance with the conditions of the verification process. The special housing can withstand work with aggressive gas environments, therefore it is made of special materials.
Anemometer designed to check the speed of movement of air flows in the ventilation duct and chimney.
Distinguish by action types:
- mechanical work on the principle of an impeller;
- thermal - based on a decrease in the temperature of the wire indexer when air moves;
- ultrasonic - take into account the change in the speed of sound.
Use leak detector to detect cracks, holes, leakage, sometimes combined with a gas analyzer. To inspect difficult and inaccessible places use telescopic mirrors and flashlights.
What happens in the event of equipment malfunction or safety violation
Causes of emergencies:
- the equipment was installed in violation of the rules and regulations;
- the units are operated in violation of safety and fire safety standards;
- untimely repair of failed parts, devices;
- admit carelessness.
If a faulty equipment is found, the inspector repairs it on site or prohibits operation until the repair is carried out at another time, about which a protocol is drawn up. Safety briefing is being conducted.
How often gas is checked
Inspection frequency established by the PP of the Russian Federation of 2017 No. 1091, which amended the document PP No. 410 adopted in 2013. The text states that the contractual agreement on maintenance of the VDGO (intra-apartment gas equipment) is signed for a period of at least three years.
Diagnostic frequency gas equipment in residential buildings and social facilities:
- maintenance of gas networks and devices - once every 3 years;
- buildings and structures of public importance - at least once a year.
If the period established by the manufacturer for the unit has expired, the frequency of inspections is set at least once a year for residential buildings and at least once every six months for public premises.
Plan of the proposed work for the maintenance of engineering gas lines and intra-apartment devices make up after signing the contractual agreement... Owners of stoves, flowing water heaters, gas heating boilers in advance get notified from gas suppliers about the upcoming inspection.
The closest date of the inspection gas equipment in the apartment can be specified in the customer department of the gas fuel distribution company or on the official website of the city service.
When you need to call gas workers yourself
Cases of treatment between scheduled checks:
- it is felt in the apartment gas smell;
- the column does not turn on, the burner does not burn well or goes out after ignition;
- gas detector in the room shows the limit or exceeded concentration value;
- is heard hiss or whistling soundindicating a gas outlet.
If the burner red flame, when burning, a large volume of carbon monoxide is released. this is dangerous for health, therefore, gas workers are called in to check the quality of the supplied fuel.
Responsibility for refusal to check GO
The subscriber must provide access to the apartment for technical inspection of gas equipment. If he refuses to comply with the terms of the contract, the supplier stops supplying fuel. The reason for the shutdown is the provision that it is not possible to supply gas to unexplored equipmentI.
The supplier can interrupt the supply even if full payment for the consumed fuel is provided. In modern apartment buildings, one consumer can be disconnected if there is access to his home. Otherwise, the entire entrance is turned off until the equipment in the desired apartment is inspected.