The gas is shut off for various reasons, the supplier or the consumer may be the culprit. Due to the accident on the mains, the inconveniences are temporary, but if the gas is cut off for debts, the restoration of supply will be delayed for a long time. The procedure for the termination and resumption of supplies is spelled out in PP No. 549 of 2008 and PP No. 410 of 2013. The rules of supply are also regulated there, the measures of punishment for debtors are given.
- Reasons for turning off the gas in the apartment
- Emergency turn-off
- Planned work
- Disconnection for non-payment
- Where to call when the gas is cut off
- What to do if the gas was turned off for non-payment
- How long does it take to turn off the gas
- How to fix the situation
- Actions in case of illegal disconnection
- What to do in case of a gas leak
- Where to call
- Rules of behavior
- What not to do
Reasons for turning off the gas in the apartment
By law, the first reason for interrupting the gas supply is lack of a contract for technical inspection intra-apartment equipment and dispatch and emergency service.
Other reasons termination of delivery:
- unauthorized insertion or reorganization of the pipe system, unauthorized installation;
- replacement of gas appliances;
- poor draft in the smoke channel or its absence, violation of the tightness of the chimney;
- lack of the possibility of fresh air intake for combustion.
The gas is turned off if the owner leaves the property.
If found leak of gas, the emergency team turns off the fuel when it is not possible to resolve the situation locally.
If the dispatcher receives information about the threat of an accident, leakage, accidentthen the operator dispatches an emergency team to provide assistance. In the course of work, the supplier immediately stops the fuel supply.
Reasons for emergency shutdown:
- damage in the common gas distribution line;
- an accident in the in-house network or a breakdown of a gas appliance, which threatens with an explosion or poisoning of people;
- the technical condition of the gas equipment inside the house creates a threat of an accident at the conclusion of specialists with whom the subscriber has a maintenance agreement.
Feed is interrupted if detected unauthorized tapping into the gas main without installing metering devices.
Such actions are carried out in order to maintain and use intra-apartment and house equipment without problems in the future. A complaint about the gas service with such a shutdown will not help. Planned work is carried out on schedule, users are informed in advance about the termination of the supply.
The list includes services:
- inspection and repair of networks and gas equipment inside the house or apartment;
- diagnostics by devices of the state of gas units, connections, valves;
- replacement of devices that have failed on common networks.
The work is carried out by a specialized company on the basis of an agreement with the customer, it also stops and resumes the flow during service.
Disconnection for non-payment
In the PP of 2011 No. 354, the rules for the provision of services are determined, and in Chapter 11, the right of utilities to stop the supply of gas is presented. PP of 2016 No. 1245 regulates shutdown actions in case of non-compliance with the contractual conditions.
Cases falling into the legal field:
- non-submission of information by the subscriber, without which it is impossible to calculate the actual volume of consumption;
- refusal to allow inspectors to check;
- non-payment or partial payment of the consumed volume for three consecutive months.
Where to call when the gas is cut off
Most often, the termination of the supply occurs reasonably, since. gas organizations operate within the framework of the law... The reason for the interruption of the supply is an emergency or planned maintenance work.
If the gas is turned off, you need to call by phone of the resource supplying officeto find out the reason for the termination of the delivery.
Sometimes residents do not notice announcements at the entrance, publications on a local news site on the Internet, where they report a disconnection for a certain period. If such there was no warning at all, you can write application with a complaint to the customer department Gorgaz.
What to do if the gas was turned off for non-payment
Subscriber pays technical connection, in addition to the amount of debt... The cost of the work varies depending on the area. On average, the price is 4-5 thousand rubles.
- the owner comes to the subscriber department of the supplier company and writes an application for the restoration of the gas fuel supply;
- the gas company is obliged to resume the supply within 5 working days if the network user provides documents on the payment made (checks).
The company's employees remove the seal, check the condition of the equipment, connect it to the gas distribution line. Technical work does not last long, after which the subscriber and the supplier draw up and sign a new service agreement.
How long does it take to turn off the gas
The law provides for different shutdown periods. Situation options:
- Renovation work with the termination of the feed, spend no more than the total time equal four hours a month, otherwise, for each hour, the monthly payment is reduced by 0.15%.
- Emergency turn-off are allowed to 24 hours, while the recovery is allowed within two days.
- With debt the user is sent 2 notifications 40 and 20 days in advance before the shutdown period. If by this time the subscriber does not pay off the debt, then the supply is turned off within three days.
When troubleshooting a debt, the user notifies the supplier. The service provider checks the information, then during two days resumes delivery.
How to fix the situation
If the user is to blame for the current situation, it remains for him to fix the existing problems with the indoor equipment or pay the accumulated debt.
The debtor can complain to the court against the supplier if the disconnection does not comply with the legal regulations:
- they stopped filing due to the infrequent appearance of the owners in the house (they did not provide access for verification);
- turned off in winter.
Actions in case of illegal disconnection
Suspension of filing is formalized by an act, which contains the basis for the action, a list of works. If the subscriber does not agree, he does not sign the document, and the reasons for the refusal are attributed in the act.
The consumer has options for appeal illegal overlap:
- make a claim the supplier with a statement of the situation, attach supporting papers, receipts, technical passports;
- to write complaint to the prosecutor's officeby attaching photocopies of technical and financial documents, while you can apply in person or electronically.
You can file a lawsuit in court, having previously called the police to fix the fact of overlap. Then they make a complaint to the housing inspectorate and the Society for the Protection of Consumer Rights. After receiving a negative answer, they write a statement to the court.
What to do in case of a gas leak
If it smells like gas in the apartment, you cannot call directly from the affected area. When you turn on your mobile or landline phone, there may be a spark that will cause an explosion of the gas mixture in the air.
It is necessary to go outside the dangerous premises, notify the dispatch and emergency service. Need to stop fuel supply through pipes, if a person knows exactly where the valve is located, usually this is the place behind the stove.
Where to call
- from mobile devices - 112;
- Beeline - 004;
- MTS - 040;
- Megaphone - 040;
- Sky Link - 904.
They report information about the accident, the presence of odor, existing breakdowns, closing the valve Provide information about the casualties, indoor or outdoor location of the accident. The team must leave the base no later than 5 minutes after receiving the call, arrive at the scene no later than 40 minutes.
Rules of behavior
It is necessary to open doors, windows, creating a flowing draft in order to reduce the concentration of the gas mixture. If there are children, elderly people, they are taken out of the affected area, and animals are also removed.
They come out of the dangerous roomtaking documents and money. Notify neighbors across the landing, knocking on the door. If possible, open entrance windows and doors. They are waiting for the emergency service, moving a safe distance from the risky place.
What not to do
If you smell gas you can't turn on the lightso as not to get a spark when connecting the contacts. If the light is on in the room, a TV or other electrical equipment is working, then they leave it to function further for the same reason.
Sometimes the smell of gas is heard, at the same time a fire is burning in the burner - it cannot be extinguished. If the gas burns, it will not explode during this time. It is better to turn off the tap on the inlet pipe.