Lighting technology for a stretch ceiling is selected taking into account the material of construction, since not all canvases easily tolerate regular prolonged thermal exposure. With intense heating, the surface may dry out, turn yellow, and crack. Therefore, it is necessary to pay special attention to the selection of lighting lamps.
A stretch ceiling with bulbs is a worthy decoration for any interior. Taking into account the main nuances of lighting devices, it is possible to use lamps of various shapes and types. Cloths made of fabric are more resistant to high temperatures, and therefore the choice is much easier to make. If the film is stretched, the selection will have to take more time.
Before buying lighting equipment, it must be borne in mind that the lamp should not emit a lot of heat, it is better to purchase energy-saving, LED copies.
Options for lighting a room with a stretch ceiling:
- incandescent lamp within 40-60 W, more powerful options will cause surface damage;
- halogen lamps, the best option for organizing directional bright, even lighting, the recommended power is up to 35 W;
- LED models for stretch ceilings are the safest and most relevant option with a lot of advantages.
The main selection rules:
- the material of the canvas is taken into account;
- luminaire arrangement diagram;
- the quality of the required lighting;
For the correct location of lighting fixtures, you need to take into account the purpose of the room, the area and geometry of the room; is there daylight available, is it necessary to carry out zoning; installation will be done only with spotlights or the surface will be supplemented with a chandelier.
For a ceiling with light bulbs, two layouts are used:
- for four luminaires with symmetrical / asymmetrical arrangement;
- with two lamps.
In the latter case, the arrangement is carried out diagonally with an indent from the corners by at least 20 cm, in the center with the placement of elements at a distance of 30 cm from each other.
To organize a uniform bright light around the entire perimeter, an equal distance is maintained between the lighting equipment. In the absence of such a need and during the zoning process, this rule does not apply. If it is necessary to divide the room into several functional zones, each segment is provided with an individual intense flow of light. Lighting in the hallway with stretch ceilings is best done uniform and bright.
The relationship of the texture of the canvas with light sources
Lamps for a stretch ceiling are selected taking into account its texture:
- Glossy. Reflects light beautifully and creates interesting effects. Combines with volumetric and small chandeliers, spotlights. It is recommended to use LED, halogen lamps.
- Matt. The best option would be an LED device. But here it is important that the lighting technology gives a lot of light, since the canvas does not reflect, but diffuses. The weight of the luminaire must be acceptable for the tensile structure and have the same width with special inserts. In addition to the functionality of the lighting device, external characteristics should also be taken into account.
- Tissue.The choice of lighting for this type of surface is much easier than in the previous two cases. The fabric base can withstand thermal stress more easily and looks good in combination with most light models.
When choosing, it is important to take into account the safety, characteristics of the device and not forget about personal preferences.
Pros and cons of different types of light bulbs
Each lighting technology has its own advantages and disadvantages.
LED lamps are characterized by low heating, compact size. Save energy. Manufacturers offer a variety of shapes, colors, power.
Halogen - low energy consumption does not affect even, bright lighting. The luminaires help to organize the directional delivery of light to a pre-selected area. Long service life under intensive work. The recommended power is not more than 35 W, otherwise the lamp may damage the surface of the canvas. The distance from the ceiling increases by 7 cm.
Luminescent ones save space, since installation requires an average of 2-3 cm of space between the ceiling and the tension structure. Lamps do not create backlight and are energy efficient models. Disadvantages: high cost, slow power gain.
Installation rules, taking into account the type of fastening
The luminaires are mounted on a stretch ceiling using various elements.
- The hook is the best option for most types of lighting, including chandeliers. Used for central lighting. It is important to correctly calculate the length of the hook.
- A mounting plate is often supplied with a lighting fixture. Attaches to the base. The height of the part must be higher than the level of the canvas.
- The cruciform plate is used for bulky, large chandeliers. Made of metal or plywood. Before installation, the location point is determined.
Spotlights are mounted to a stretch ceiling using embedded elements, racks.
If it is necessary to improve the quality of lighting, it will be necessary to carry out partial or complete dismantling of the coating. The scale of work depends on the tasks set, the amount of additional lighting equipment. This procedure is possible with a harpoon mount. The event will be difficult with clip installation and will not take place with glazing bead installation. In the latter case, the material is severely damaged and cannot be reused.
It is better to decide in advance how much lighting equipment is needed to organize full lighting. Before starting the procedure, it is important to create a diagram and carry out the correct calculations.